[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

IMPORTANT Administrivia: Soc.Religion.Hindu Reorg RFD Discussion

Dear Friends.

Saprem Namaskar!

I have posted the Request For Discussion (RFD) for the newsgroup
soc.religion.hindu on this forum.

Based on the responses from the :
a. Moderators Forum
b. USENET Newsgroups advisor's forum
c. David Lawrence, moderator of news.announce.newsgroup

I have concluded that there is nothing inherently wrong with discussing
the RFD on SRH or any other newsgroup.  It does not violate the policy for the
newsgroup creation/modifications, and it is not against any netiquette.

It is however, strongly recommended that you cross post the discussion to
news.groups so that the proponents of the newsgroup can easily read the
discussion in one place.

Based on this, I have decided to allow the discussion on the RFD on
Soc.Religion.Hindu.

Although, understandably, I am strongly opposed to the RFD, I will
allow posts from both the sides of this issue to appear on Soc.Religion.Hindu

I will however, continue to reject the posts if they contain personal attacks.
However, to be fair, as per the recommendation from the moderators' forum,
I will:
a. send an explanation for the post being rejected to the poster
b. Post the rejected posting to news.groups, where any and all opinions
must be heard.

This is a particularly trying time for all those who have supported SRH.
And I look forward to your cooperation in this regards.

Sincerely,

Ajay Shah
Moderator, Soc.Religion.Hindu

--