[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Historicity of Mahabharat

Jaldhar Vyas (jvyas@ritz.mordor.com) wrote:

: : Study of history (Mahabharat) may not benefit a dhaarmik directly.

: or at all.
:
: : However, it may help him/her understand the text better, and therefore,
: : may strengthen and enhance his/her belief and reverence for the
: : personalities (Gods?) in it...

: This is the problem.  "Modern" Hindus are weak in faith.  They think that
: being "scientific" will bolster their faith but in fact it will only
: accelerate their decline into atheism.

And how is that? If science proves that the Vedic literature is correct,
it would seem to me that this would strengthen the faith of Hindus. On the
other hand, if we let this view that Lord Krishna and other great personalities
were myths go unchallenged, we leave ourselves open to conversion to religions
with more 'historical' prophets, or degenerate into atheism. With that in mind,
why are you so afraid of looking for evidence of historical authenticity of the
scriptures?

--
-- Krishna