[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: question: castes

Marja-Sisko Pihl (mpihl@abo.fi) wrote:
:    Im sorry if my questions hurt someone. Its not my meaning. I just
: want to undertand. And it is not that easy because of my "scandinavian"
: thingking.
:
:          With friendship
:                           Marja=20
Dear Friend:

If anybody is hurting from the strange caste system we have, it is us.  I
call it strange, because it is not supported by Scriptures.  I can only
give my impression of the situation as an answer to your question.  Right
now, it is primarily a political entity in everyday life, and is sometimes
abused to initiate people with criminal tendencies to justify various
expressions of malice, occasionally even physical violence.  Everybody
agrees that we don't need this caste system, but it has proved amazingly
resilient.

With best regards,

Dhruba.
--