[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ARTICLE : Amarnath tragedy : Solution in Hindu self-help

On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:

> Dinesh Agrawal wrote:
> >
> > Title : Solution in Hindu self-help
> > Author : Swapan Dasgupta
> > Publication : The Indian Express

> > steeped in either the virtues of godlessness or the lofty
>                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > aloofness of advaita, has increasingly failed to come  to
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> The VHP crowd may not like some of the Sankaracharyas right now, but
      ^^^^^^^^^^^

The article was written by Swapan Das Gupta, not a VHP member to my
knowledge.

It was published by Indian Express - not a VHP propaganda machine.

In fact, I was under the impression that most of the Shankaracharyas were
in agreement with VHP on several issues.

I am personally in disagreement with the above statement as well, but,
why blame it on VHP crowd (whoever that includes) and imply that it has
to do with the relationship between VHP and Shankaracharyas ?

regards,

ajay shah
ajay@mercury.aichem.arizona.edu